2.10.2006

I'm healthier than I thought

In my advanced physiology class today we checked our vital signs, metabolic rate, thyoid activity and pancreatic functioning. We checked our blood sugar and pulse, blood pressure and brething rate, BMI plus body fat %. It turns out I am way healthier than I thought. I thought I was in bad shape, but no, I'm actually quite normal. So I'm happy. Normal blood pressure, normal blood sugar, normal hear beat, normal everything.

Anywho, I'm noticing that more and more people are misuing language everyday. People say Koopons instead of Q-pons, they say woostisher instead of Worcestershire, they say Raa Dree Guess instead of Rodriguez, and many other idiotic mistaks you'd only expect a 4 yr old who doesn't know how to speak to make. Even in NPR they're starting to succumb to the dumbing down of society. This very morning as I was driving to school and listening to Morning Edition I heard them use cliche and moronic words and expressions like "guesstimate" and "found missing", "wooded area", and "baby's momma". So much redundancy and trite clicheeism only waters down word meaning. Now you can't just sympathize with somebody, it's not good enough you gotta EMPATHIZE, that's the new cool word these days. You can't just like something or find it pleasant or agreeable, you gotta love it... or if you don't love it you can't just be indifferent to it, you gotta hat it. Why is society implementing upon itself this limutation mentality of absolute and extreme dichotomies? Whatever happenned to nuance and degree to meaning? Hey it's 3:33 PM : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home